Monday 30 January 2012

M6 Toll prices set to go up again...

Just a day after I posted my view on the current state of the M6 Toll Road, it has been brought to my attention that the operator of the road, Midland Expressway Limited (MEL) is set to increase prices again, in March this year. 


Brian Mooney from the Association of British Drivers would appear to have the same common sense approach as myself and many other members of the public. Mooney stated "It's a totally mad situation, again. You've got the main M6 operating at twice the capacity, the M6 T - the toll road - is working at half the capacity. The operator is losing money and the drivers have to pay." 

It would appear that car drivers would have to pay £5.50 - a 20p rise, and lorries would be charged £11 - a 40p increase. Although, some weekend and night prices were being reduced.

I'm not going to rant on again as I fell that I expressed my point of view in my previous post although I do think it's totally crazy that prices are rising again and not being reduced to attract customers to fill the capacity. Maybe the operator doesn't want a high volume of traffic because of the wear and tear on the road surface and this pricing structure is working for them but not really working to reduce traffic volume on the M6.


Barry. 



No comments:

Post a Comment